return button

EARTH DAY

I can remember when Earth Day was a 'new' holiday. (Geez!  Maybe I shouldn't admit that?).  Back then it was a "hippy" movement and gawf'd at by the general public.  Now, most people see the importance of recycling and using earth-friendly products.  I am not going to try to convince you that I am an avid "Green" person, but I do try to do what is right whenever I can (or know how).

Today I thought I would share a few samples of projects made with some items from around the house.



The sample above is a card made by my husband, Michael. He found a magazine photo that reminded him of his sister, Sherry.  They both took dance when they were younger and Sherry was quite the ballerina.  He matted the photo in Chocolate Chip card stock, then used Basic Black card stock for the card base.  He wrote inside with the SU White Gel Pen - works like a dream!  He sent the off today.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERRY!


The two photos above show the front, and two of the inside pages (there are 10 total), of a scrapbook made with brown paper lunch bags.  OK, so it's not 100% recycled - the bags were new, but quite a bit of the card stock and embellishments were 'left overs' from previous projects, negative parts from some chipboard, or the tail end of a ribbon originals set.

I hope you enjoyed these two projects!  By The Way - I do offer the Paper Bag book as a class often, watch my schedule, or email/call me to put you on a waiting list...Can't wait?  Then gather 4, or more, friends together and we will find a date just for your group!

Tomorrow I will post those samples from my Team Meeting I promised you last week.  Be sure to check back!  But right now I am off to work on more Great Lakes Mega Meet Preparation!  Hugs, Karie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment