return button

Snow Day!

It's finally looking like winter here in Michigan.  It's Beautiful!  Also a great reason to snuggle up with my stamps and ink....it's the best exercise to warm my muscles and make me smile!

I was shown a fun idea using the wing from the new Two-step Bird punch and turning it into a sunflower.  I punched up a version of my own....what do you think?


It is actually pretty simple, just takes a little time.  I punched out a bunch of just the 'wings'  from the Two-step Bird punch (item #117191 Occasions Mini) from a sheet out of the "Flock Together" DSP (Item #114018) then I dirtied them up a bit with a sponge, curled them for dimension before adding them to the circles.  The bottom row is adhered to a 1 3/4" circle with the 'wings-petals' on top of it.  Then another circle at 1 1/4" using 'wings-petals' cut from matching card stock (So Saffron).  This is adhered to the bottom layer with Stampin' Dimensionals (item #104430).  The last row is the DSP again adhered behind the image that I stamped onto So Saffron cs with the same color ink then cut out.  That image, and the sentiment, is from the stamp set "Best Wishes & More" (Item #111602).  Of course it needed Dazzling Diamonds glitter (Item #102023).  The background is actually Whisper White (can't really tell in the photo) and the scallop mat from  Gable Green cs cut with the NEW and FUN punches, Scallop Trim Border (from the Sale-a-bration so it's FREE), and the matching Scallop Trim Corner in the Occasions mini (Item #116670).  I hope you like it!

Below shows just one quick sample idea for the new On Board Books from the Occasions mini (page 34).  I am just getting started on this book and just had to share this page with you!


The last one is a card from Stamp Of The Month a few months back.  Did you know that Stamp Of The Month has had a Price Drop?  From $35 to $25 per month!  WOW!  Ask me for details on this awesome club!



Enjoy the Snow Day if you are in Michigan, or any of the surrounding snow areas!
Hugs, Karie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment