return button

Welcome Neighbor Challenge

My upline often sends us a challenge to keep us on our toes.  This week she asked that we do something with the addorable Welcome Neighbor DSP from the Sale-a-bration mini.  Here's two of my submissions to her.
This first one is made with ALL DSP, Card stock, & some ribbon...no stamps!
I admit, it's my favorite!  The card base is made with Old Olive cs, layered with 4: x 5.25" DSP.  The house is a bit tricky since I didn't measure it while I was making it....just sort of winged it.  I will give you the measurements of the DSP and then know that each piece is matted about 1/8" in Old Olive, then the whole 'house' is matted in Pretty In Pink.  Here's what I did.   * Main House 2.5" x 2.75"  * Roof 3" x 1.25" (at peak)  * Door 1" x 2"  * Window 7/8" square Chimney 1/2" by 1.5".  I matted the roof AFTER I cut the trim with the Pinking Hearts Boarder punch, then just cut it out by hand.  The ribbon is 5/8" grosgrain in Old Olive.

The Dear Father card is my 2nd submission for the Welcome Neighbor DSP challenge.  It's pretty simply, Pumpkin Pie CS, torn DSP, the image is matted in Old Olive...and the tree is from Lovely As A Tree (a long time favorite of many of my customers...me too!) I inked the tree with brown Stazon ink then colored the tree by using my blender pen and markers.

The Love You Much card is what I had as the Make & Take for my January Hostess Workshops.  Real Red cs, Whisper White CS trimmed with the Scallop Trim Boarder from the SAB mini & Corner & stamp are from the Occasions mini.  Red Gingham ribbon...and the heart, now that was the fun part.  It's cut free hand from the 12" Sticky Paper (IB&C) and then DSP cut into tiny pieces to create the 'mosaic' on top. Afterward the hole thing is covered in Silver embossing powder and ...well, embossed of course. The heart is adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.  It was a big hit at all the workshops!  I learned this idea while attending the Stampin' Up! Regional event while in Phoenix, AZ.  I love being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  We get the greatest ideas!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment